We’ve missed you! We are looking forward to finally getting back to the court and seeing everyone again! Please read the below message in detail as it contains information that impacts your membership for the season.
We begin our season tomorrow, October 5, 2021. We play every Tuesday and Thursday night at the Velodrome (Mattamy National Cycling Centre) in Milton from 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM. Please do not start play before 8:30 PM.
Our schedule and black out dates have been posted on our website. Black out dates may be added at a later date as the Town is still confirming those nights. To be up-to-date on the latest schedule check back regularly. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, guests will not be permitted to at this time.
WHO CAN PLAY
Only those listed on the roster will be permitted to play. The current roster can be viewed here. If you are not on the roster but feel you should be, please contact us BEFORE October 5 at 4:00 PM.
Thank you for providing your proof of double vaccination. You may be required to show proof of vaccination to Town officials at the Velodrome. Please make sure you have this information on you including proof of ID where your name matches your name found on the vaccine receipt. You may not be permitted to play unless this information is provided on demand.
COVID-19 rules may change based on rules set by the Town of Milton.
You will be provided a name tag which will be coloured with your rating. You are responsible for your name tag. Replacement tags may be issued for $5.
Please review our rules and “How the Board System Works” post here. This information will also be sent in a separate message.
You must provide your own personal equipment such as court shoes and a badminton racquet.
- New members will start the season unrated unless they self-classified as a beginner. The Executive committee will rate new members by November 2, 2021.
- Past members will remain the same rating as last season.
MBC’s COVID-19 Rules effective immediately:
- Please do not come to the club if you are having any COVID-19-like symptoms.
- If you have been at the club in the last two weeks and are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms you must notify an executive of the club immediately by emailing us at email@example.com. We will in turn advise all MBC members and the Town of Milton.
- Should more than 4 members test positive for COVID-19 in the same 14 day window, MBC will cease club operations for a two week period.
- Face masks are MANDATORY at all times when off the court/not playing. You are required to supply your own face mask.
- Face masks are not required during game play.
- While not playing, members are required to maintain a distance of no less than 6 feet apart between each other unless they live in the same household.
- You will be required to apply antibacterial sanitizer before touching the game board to pick games and prior to playing a new game. The club will provide hand sanitizer; however, you are encouraged to provide your own.
- Shaking of hands after games will be replaced with a verbal acknowledgement or touching of the rackets.
- We remain a doubles club.
- Club rules remain in effect and can be found at https://miltonbadmintonclub.org/rules/