We’ve been getting many questions in the club about the below mentioned issues. We’ll huddle next Tuesday to further address this items.
Winter Membership: We are not taking new members at this time as membership is currently full. Should membership open in the future, the public will be notified via our website and email to our followers.
Guest Policy: Guests are welcome to join us for play so long as there are 6 or less members waiting. This is put in place to maximize court time for members. Guests will be asked to leave should the wait line exceed 7 players.
Shuttles: Membership fees are set to accommodate the return to Yonnex birds. We aim for approximately 1 new bird, per court, per night. New birds can be retrieved from Vinu, Saki, Wendy or Leanne.
Please be courteous of others and DO NOT remove birds from the court or place them in pockets for play later in the night. Should a member be found removing birds or pocketing them, membership will be revoked. This will be strictly enforced. Should members bring their own birds, please initial or mark them on the inside in order to distinguish personal birds from club birds. Please address any questions about this directly to me (Leanne).
THE BOARD SYSTEM – please follow these simple rules and be courteous to others
- When a name reaches the top of the “Queue”, it is that member’s turn to pick. Please DO NOT pick on behalf of someone else.
- When picking a game, a member must select 3 additional players from the top 10-15 players in the queue.
- Pick balanced games (e.g., 4 blue players, 4 red players, 2 red players and 2 blue players).
- If a player is picked but would rather wait for a different game, that player’s name falls to the bottom of the queue.
- All our members are good people! Please show courtesy and respect on the court. Don’t forget that we are all here to have fun!
- Only ‘pick’ a game if your name is at the top of the queue. DO NOT pick for someone else.
- “Wait 1” and “Wait 2” should be filled at all possible times to ensure as much play time as possible. Due to our limited facility time, please pick games quickly to avoid leaving any court(s) unattended. Try to avoid picking someone who just played with there are other members waiting.
Should you have any questions, please leave a comment on this post or email us using the Contact Us form found here: https://miltonbadmintonclub.org/contact-us-2/.